Take a fascinating journey deep into the heart of abstraction at acclaimed abstract artist Hilton Edwards’ solo exhibition at the Alice Art Gallery from 1-9 August. Centred on the notion of change and evolution, the exhibition will showcase Edwards’ various abstract styles over the last 13 years, with many pieces taken from the artist’s personal collection.
Edwards has achieved great success both locally and internationally; he has exhibited in, among others, New York, the UK and India, and his art graces numerous high-end spaces, including the Standard Bank Head Office, FNB and the Saxon Hotel. He was recently featured on the cover of SLOW Magazine (Jul 2015 edition), along with a four-page editorial, distributed to the exclusive readership of the FNB, RMB and BA business lounges, as well as all Radisson Hotel SLOW Lounges throughout South Africa.
A preview of the exhibition will be held on 1 August. The official opening of the exhibition will take place at 11:00am on 2 August, with Gordon Froud, senior fine arts lecturer at the University of Johannesburg, introducing Edwards and discussing his work. Guests will be entertained by the laid back live singing by Benjamin Lawrence II.
- Name of exhibition : “Change of Heart”
- Duration of exhibition : 1-9 August, 2015
- Preview : 1st August 2015
- Official Opening : 2ndAugust 2015 AT 11.00am
- Venue : Alice Art Gallery, Ruimsig
For more information on the exhibition, please contact Daleen at Alice Art Gallery :
- Email: email@example.com • Phone: 011-958-1392 • Address: 217 Dryf Avenue, Ruimsig, Roodepoort
For more information on Hilton Edwards :
- Website: www.hiltonedwards.com • Email:firstname.lastname@example.org •Twitter: @edwardsartist
- Facebook: Hilton Edwards Abstract Artist • LinkedIn: Hilton Edwards Abstract Artist