FCB Cape Town won 6 awards at the annual Pendoring Advertising Awards this weekend, including one Gold Pendoring and five Silver Pendorings.
The Pendoring Advertising Awards, established in 1995 by all the leading Afrikaans media role players to focus on promoting and rewarding outstanding Afrikaans advertising, has evolved to create greater awareness of the power of communicating in the home language of a target market – be it Afrikaans, Zulu, isiXhosa, etc.
The six awards that came home to FCB Cape Town’s offices on Friday evening were for four different brands and across five different categories:
- Engen QuickShop ‘Noodsaaklikhede’ – radio category – Gold
- BMW Motorrad ‘Klankbane’ – magazine category – Silver
- Corner Bakery ‘Tjie’ – retail category – Silver
- Engen QuickShop ‘Noodsaaklikhede’ – retail category – Silver
- Equatorial Coffee ‘Vernuftig Vermeng’ – communication design – Silver
- BMW Motorrad ‘Klankbane’ – original Afrikaans category – Silver
Executive Creative Director, Mike Barnwell, was pleased with the agency’s performance, saying that being relevant has always been key to building meaningful and lasting relationships with your target audience. It seems obvious but what better way to do that than by speaking to them in their own language, he said.