Trace Mobile presents the Neon Run TM 2016 will keep you entertained from the minute your feet hit the pavement with 6 out-of-the-box Glow Zones along the route. More to do, more to see and an even bigger party. Ready, set, GLOW!
The Trace Mobile presents the Neon Run TM 2016, a 5km run and music festival, takes place on 14 May, at the Wanderers Stadium. You can choose to crawl, walk, run, roll, skip or ride your way through a 5km neon wonderland dressed in your lumo best. After the run, you’ll be ready and warmed up for an electrifying after party with South Africa’s top DJs and musicians: TiMO ODV, Rubber Duc, Goodluck, Dean Fuel, Kyle Watson and more.
The Neon Run 2016 route will have you glowing crazy with some new fluorescent fun and more Glow Stations than ever before. Each Glow Station is designed to light up your night with music, black lights, UV arches, UV paint and unique themes.
Tavis Brown, Event Organiser, comments: “Each year we add more innovative elements to the event, it’s all about having a blast and getting fit while doing it. This year we’ve added extra Glow Zones, performers and entertainment – this really is where the run stops and the fun starts!”
This is what you can expect from this year’s Glow Zones:
- All of the Lights: Each glow zone welcomes you with colour changing arches of UV light. Watch how the colours change to the beat of the music and take some selfies along the way!
- Paint the Town Neon: Get ready to be transformed into neon warriors! Hundreds of litres of UV paint will be sprayed on the runners, all visible under the neon arches and lights.
- Saturday Night Fever: Lights, lasers, disco balls and 60m of graffiti walls, this is the retro zone where you’ll relive all the disco magic of the 70s and 80s. Let’s get glowing and groovy!
- Streetmosphere: Be mesmerised, amazed and transported to another planet by the LED performers on a stage and along the route.
- Trace Mobile World: Neon Run’s presenting partner will be providing fun and entertainment on route. Trace Mobile is known for its awesome music so we’re sure they’ll get those feet tapping.
- And much much more… from Fire dancers to epic activations from VW and our other partners.
What better way to get some exercise and have some fun doing it, all entrants will receive Discovery Points to match their healthy post-race glow.
The Neon Run will take place in Johannesburg on Saturday the 14th May 2016 at Wanderers Stadium, from 2 pm – 11.30 pm. Gates open at 2.00pm with a wide range of bar areas and a dedicated food zone available for some pre and post-race refreshment. The race only starts at 6.00pm, but get there early so that you have time to get your glow-jo going full force.
Tickets will be released in batches starting with a crazy early bird special. Early Bird tickets prices are R165 and on sale now! Tickets can be purchased online at www.neonrun.co.za
The Neon Run will only take place in Johannesburg this year, so grab your friends and get those entries and before tickets are sold out.
For more information and tickets, visit www.neonrun.co.za
Find the Neon Run on Twitter: @NeonRunSA nd on Instagram: @NeonRunSA