Snapshot Mobile Cinema is inviting young and aspirant film makers to submit story ideas for a five to seven-minute film that covers a social topic relevant to the youth of South Africa for the Raw festival in March 2018.
The Raw Film Festival offers a unique opportunity to create a short, a socially relevant film under the mentorship of Cape Town’s most successful film, commercial and documentary directors and producers.
Snapshot Mobile Cinema is challenging young people to face the socially relevant issues in their community that they’re passionate about: We’re looking for ideas/stories for short, powerful films that cover the value of education, the power of perseverance, sport as a gateway to success and health, safe sex, gender issues or LGBT, gangs and crime or the damage caused by drugs and alcohol. What subject do you want to explore? What story do you want to tell?
You stand a chance of winning the grand prize of a film degree/diploma bursary at city varsity worth R200 000 and the six winning films will be shown at city wide screenings, and online.
All six final produced films will be screened by Snapshot Mobile Cinema in Cape Town townships and in the city. Films will also be shown online on the RAW Film Festival portal, as well as the Snapshot Mobile Cinema portal. Films may also be screened in other cities and at other festivals.
- Check and make sure you understand all the relevant information regarding the entry process and timelines, as listed above on this poster.
- All young and aspiring non-professional filmmakers are eligible to enter.
- Entrants must be under 35 years old and have a valid SA ID document or a work/study visa or permit
- Entries Close on 24 October 2017.
- If you live outside of the Cape Town area you may enter the competition but you must be available to be in Cape Town for the scriptwriting workshops, as well as for mentoring and the editing of your film which will take place in Cape Town.
- Send your synopsis entry along with your name, age, email address, phone number and street address to email@example.com.
- Employees of Snapshot Mobile Cinema, OFyt, Cool Planet and all other participating production and film companies, their promotional agencies and their immediate families, are not eligible to participate.
- Entrants will be notified if they have been selected as a finalist by email and telephone by 6 November 2017.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Prizes will be as stipulated in the communication and are not exchangeable for cash.
Find out more on the website www.rawfilmfestival.co.za